Lilypie

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


My dearest sweetheart,

Any idea what day today is? It's Daddy's Day!! Well, fear not, cos mummy has already helped you present a Father's Day gift to your wonderful daddy.. Mummy had wanted to buy daddy a Chelsea jersey.. I tried to convince him that, well, since I'm the one looking at him anyway, so of cos he should don something that I like! (Warped reasoning I know.. But who cares as long as I get what I want! Hee!) But well, it's not hard to guess daddy's response to that yar? =)So in the end, mummy chose 2 sets of Adidas running singlets and shorts for daddy..

Sweetheart, let mummy tell you a lil' secret.. Your daddy is a running enthusiast.. And his greatest wish is that you'll love to exercise, just like him! So that when my lil' sweetheart is old enough, daddy can take you jogging with him! =) Mm... mummy has just painted a picture of you and daddy running alongside each other in my mind... *dreamy look* It just warms my heart thinking about that... :)

Even though today's Father's Day, but daddy still treats mummy like the queen as usual, while he's toiling and sweating it out cleaning the house, preparing meals.. About a week plus ago, mummy even had a pedicure session with daddy! All this royalty treatment is all thanks to you sweetheart! Cos as you grow bigger, mummy can no longer see my own toes! Not to mention bending enough to reach them! So daddy had to help mummy with the cutting of toenails... Well, think it was daddy's first attempt at cutting toenails other than his own! So imagine my anxiety! But not to worry, by the time it's your turn to have your nails cut, daddy would be experienced! (Now, it's your turn to thank mummy! For being daddy's guinea pig!)=)

Mm... Sweetheart, you're now going into week 38! I can't believe it that we're going to meet each other in probably less than 2 weeks' time! Though I've been writing "Mummy this... Mummy that"... but.. but... It just struck me that.. I-am-going-to-be-a-mummy-soon!!! And it's REAL soon!! Gosh, I'm really excited!

Oh, your lil' bed just arrived yesterday! Daddy and mummy can already imagine our lil' princess sleeping in it soundly... My lil' sweetheart, do you like the cot that we've chosen for you? =)

No comments: