Lilypie

Sunday, July 6, 2008

16-day old lil' terror!



Hi mummy's lil' darling,

Today marks your 16th day on this earth! It is also the day that mummy 'scolded' you for the first time... I wonder if you'll remember it when you grow up.. But I doubt so..

Well, my lil' darling has turned from a lil' angel to a lil' terror today!! From about 12pm onwards, after your bath, mummy has been feeding you every hourly.. Each time, you'll be feeding till you fall asleep.. No matter how I try and tickle or tease you, you just won't wake up.. So mummy thought you should be satisfied already.. And so I put you down on the bed to sleep.. But! Within a matter of minutes, you'll be shrieking again..

Now, mummy and daddy both know that 'cry'.. It's a bluff!! It's just a few short 'Waa waa'.. Not the long, continuous, fierce one which we know is associated with real hunger or discomfort.. So mummy tried to 'ignore' you.. Cos daddy and mummy decided we shall not spoil you by carrying you at the slightest whimper.. But then, that went on for quite a while and my lil' darling eventually resorted to chewing your mittens!(Your latest habit/gesture when you are hungry..) So mummy decided to feed you again.. And the cycle went on.. Feed you-->Fall asleep in my arms-->Put you down-->Cry... So mummy thought, maybe mummy's milk has been depleted by greedy lil' you already.. Mummy then went to prepare a bottle of formula milk for you.. As usual, your face always scrunge up whenever we feed you formula milk.. Unless you are really hungry, you usually reject the milk.. And today is one of those 'I-dun-like-this-milk-so-I-won't-drink-it!' day...



Ok, mummy has run out of excuses for you already.. So I started 'preaching'.. On and on I rambled about how you've become a naughty lil' girl in just 16 days (I told daddy I don't want to think about how its going to be like when you turn 16 yrs old!).. how you should behave.. and cry only when it's a real emergency (like extreme hunger and discomfort?).. not cry to get attention or to get mummy to carry you.. Well, I doubt you understand me.. but perhaps you noticed mummy's tone to be different cos you were actually listening to me very intently.. And after that when I laid you down on the bed after one final feed, you finally turned back into mummy and daddy's lil' angel..

Phew.. Finally.. Daddy was saying your previous 'good' record may be becos of the bilirubin-induced fatigue.. Now that it's improving, our lil' darling is beginning to unleash the lil' devil within her! Well, if that's really the case, we'd rather have a lil' terror then! =)

My lil' sweetheart, no matter how much of a terror you are, no matter how much mummy and daddy may 'scold' you in future.. Deep in our hearts, you'll forever be our precious lil' princess.. So remember, no matter what happens, you'll always have mummy and daddy..

We love you lots..

No comments: